Your little sweetie is in for a sweet treat with this DIY cupcakes felt board! It’s easy and inexpensive to build. Plus, it can be played anywhere. Occupy baby in their high chair while you do a load of laundry, play with them on your PortaPlay table, or roll it up to take on your next road trip.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 felt sheets (9×12)
- 1 shoelace
- Hot glue gun
- Felt scraps in assorted colors
- Shape templates
1) Line up your two full pieces of felt and keep in place. Fold your shoelace in half and place between the two sheets of felt. Take your hot glue gun and glue around three of the sides of your felt board. Leave one of the short sides open (This can be used to store your pieces later.)
2) Next download our handy-dandy printable felt shapes and trace them onto the colored felt of your choosing.
3) Grab your scissors and use the traced cupcake shapes to cut out baby's very own customizable cupcake.
4) Ta-da! The felt pieces can be slipped into the pocket before rolling up the board for safe keeping. Now, keep baby occupied in their Cocoon while you prepare them a snack or enjoy it on-the-go!
Get started on this sweet DIY by downloading your cupcake cutouts.