Five easy steps to create the BEST marble run! [Fall Edition]
As the weather starts to cool off, how prepared are you for the pumpkin season? Say goodbye to the blazing summer as it’s time to break out your cozy sweaters and blankets in preparation for the change in season. Snuggle up with a hot cup of pumpkin-spiced latte for yourself, pumpkin pie puree for your little one and a crackling fireplace – Perfection.
But hold up, what about your little ones? This fall is likely unusual for them with limited or no in-person schools. If you’re running out of ideas to keep them meaningfully engaged, we’ve got you covered.
Design your very own Summer-to-Fall VertiPlay STEM Marble Run with these quick and easy steps!
We believe the best part of VertiPlay STEM Marble Run is that it allows open-ended play! Free play lets children use their imagination and creativity to transport themselves anywhere! It can:
- Help with emotional and social development
- Build your child’s imagination
- Improve problem-solving skills
- Boost physical development
Get ready for the fall season and spice up your VertiPlay with some easy DIY autumn crafts. The best moments with our little ones happen when we are working together. So, this fall-inspired VertiPlay STEM activity is the perfect parent-child bonding activity for you to bond over and enjoy together.
Summer-to-Fall VertiPlay STEM Marble Run
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Fun Time: Endless
Yield: The more the merrier!
What you need
- VertiPlay STEM Marble Run Crayon Edition Ultra Fun Play Wall (6 Mat Bases)
- 15 to 20 summer/fall paper leaf cutouts (Feel free to use fallen autumnal leaves strewn around a park nearby!)
- Summer and Fall-related activity print-outs
- Creativity and patience!
- Place your 6 VertiPlay Marble Run STEM placemats in a hexagonal manner as shown below.
- Make a long course of Marble Run using as many ramps as possible. Look at these challenges and feel free to replicate them
- Is your little one getting bored and would want a different challenge? We have a selection of different templates that you can refer to for 2-piece, 3-piece and 6-piece set with a range of difficulty levels. Click here to find out more.
We also believe in creative imaginative in children’s play. Go wild, let your kids try out different marble run courses, and test them out. With VertiPlay STEM Marble Run, the possibilities are endless!
- Let's get crafty!
Decorate the top half of your STEM masterpiece with everything summer. Vibrant summer leaves, a cut-out of sun, some cut-outs representing your favorite summer activities.
Decorate the bottom-half of your run with everything fall. Think autumn leaves, mini-pumpkins, or anything that says fall to you!
Paint your marble balls – One in forest green and the other in orange. Use the forest green ball for the summer-theme and orange ball for the fall-theme. Create your perfect summer-to-fall transition with a sneaky switch of the marble balls!
Simple, isn’t it? Let’s get cracking and have some fun! Share with us your greatest masterpiece on Instagram and tag us at @oribel_vertiplay. Maybe, your work will be showcased in our next post!